The Global Design Forum aims to be the world’s focal point for the development of a new global agenda for design. Organised and delivered by the London Design Festival it is set to open discussions on design thinking in a variety of forms.
The Forum will open on the evening of 16 September with a conversation-style session with Peter Saville at the Victoria & Albert Museum, followed by an exclusive drinks reception for all delegates.
On 17 September, the Forum moves to the Purcell Room of the South Bank Centre: four main sessions will explore the complex interaction between technology, demand and consumer behaviour underpinned by video interventions from influential innovators from round the world. They will question how a ‘creative city’ defines its cultural collateral while enhancing its local communities and wider economy.
Furthermore, the Forum will host a panel debate with senior industry figures pinning down the shifting definitions of ‘designer’ and ‘brand’ and the rise of the personality.
- Peter Saville, Artist and designer
- Justine Simons, Acting Deputy Mayor for Culture, Mayor of London
- Ross Lovegrove, Industrial designer
- Brent Hoberman, Co-founder, PROfounders Capital; Chairman, made.com
- Christopher Sanderson, Co-founder and Strategy and Insight Director at The Future Laboratory
- Tom Bassett, Founder and CEO of Bassett & Partners and Mindswarms
- Sir John Hegarty, Co-founder of Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH)
- Guta Moura Guedes, Co-founder of Experimenta
- Alexei Orlov, Chief Marketing Officer for Volkswagen Group China
- Brendan Walker, Channel 4 presenter, founder of Aerial design practice and Professor in Creative Industries
During the ‘Six Best Ideas’ session of 6-minute pitches, pioneering entrepreneurs will present their idea to an array of judges, with voting by our audience members.
All delegates will become members of the London Design Festival’s VIP Programme which will offer a series of bespoke and exclusive design experiences throughout the Festival period (14-22 September).
When? Monday evening 16 September and Tuesday 17 September
Where? 16 September: Victoria & Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL
17 September: Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX
Costs? Full rate £474 (incl Vat).
For more information and to book visit Global Design Forum